Gta Black ARMY

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gta Black ARMY Open Colo 24 Hr.

The TV Column: Obama on Leno, Rooney hospitalized

weishinia

จำนวนข้อความ : 1

The TV Column: Obama on Leno, Rooney hospitalized Empty The TV Column: Obama on Leno, Rooney hospitalized

ตั้งหัวข้อ  weishinia Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:02 am

When President Obama made his second visit to Jay Leno’s NBC late-night talker, “The Tonight Show,” he clearly knew Tuesday who his audience was.

Leno: “Have you been watching the GOP debates?”

“I’m going to wait until everybody is voted off the island before — ,” Obama began.

Wild applause from the studio audience in Burbank, approving of the “Survivor” reference.

“Once they narrow it down to one or two, I’ll start paying attention,” added Obama, continuing to heed the first rule of any good late-night talk-show appearance.

Leno had kicked off the interview by asking the president,wholesale jerseys “Your take on this?” regarding last week’s grisly death of Libyan dictator Moammar Gaddafi.

Yes — it’s still a comedy show.

“Well, this is somebody who, for 40 years, has terrorized his country and supported terrorism. And he had an opportunity during the Arab Spring to finally let loose of his grip on power and to peacefully transition into democracy,” Obama began, getting that glassy-eyed, stuffed-frog look that politicians get when they go into well-rehearsed diplomatic-speak.

“We gave him ample opportunity, and he wouldn’t do it. atlanta braves jerseysAnd, obviously, you never like to see anybody come to the kind of end that he did, but I think it obviously sends a strong message around the world to dictators that — ”

“Yeah,” Leno interrupted enthusiastically.

“ — people long to be free, and they need to respect the human rights and the universal aspirations of people.”

Leno asked Obama how many members of the GOP had opposed cheap mlb jerseys U.S. withdrawal of troops from Iraq, an event that Obama outlined Friday in a nationally televised speech.

“It’s shocking that they opposed something I proposed,” Obama snarked.

Leno gave Obama a platform to talk about recent comments by Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) that, as Leno told it, “our goal is to make this guy a [one-term] president” — something Leno said made him good and mad as he faux-wondered: “How is that a goal?”

“I think the things that folks across the country are most fed up jerseys wholesale with, whether you are a Democrat, Republican, independent, is putting party ahead of country, or putting the election ahead of the next generation,” Obama responded smoothly.

Over the years, Leno has cozied up to the GOP. He got nicked for delivering a national audience to bodybuilder turned actor turned politician Arnold Schwarzenegger when the host lobbed softball questions on his late-night show — back when Schwarzenegger was running for governor of California in ’03 and ’06 — without also inviting the Terminator’s Democratic opposition. Leno also turned up at the Governator’s victory party in ’03, for instance.

But Tuesday night, Leno went out of his way to make Obama feel welcome, devoting most of his opening monologue to bashing the GOP and its presidential hopefuls:

●“As you know, a Libyan rebel has admitted to killing Gaddafi. He said he shot Gaddafi twice in the temple. To which Michele Bachmann said: “I didn’t know he was Jewish.”

●“They say Moammar Gaddafi may have been one of the richest cheap jerseys men in the world . . . $200 billion dollars. With all of the billions he had, he spent very little on education or health care for his country. So I guess he was a Republican.”

●“Earlier today, Rick Perry unveiled his new tax plan. He says he wants a flat tax. He believes that the tax should be flat, just like the Earth.”

●“In an interview with Parade magazine, Rick Perry said that after meeting with Donald Trump — there’s a meeting of the minds right there — he says he isn’t sure that Obama’s birth certificate is real. He says there’s room for debate. The good news is, Perry loses every debate he’s been involved in.”

Rooney hospitalized

CBS News reported late Tuesday that longtime “60 Minutes” commentator Andy Rooney had been admitted to a hospital after developing “serious complications” after minor surgery last week.
    http://wonderland.forums-free.info/t5-the-tv-column-obama-on-leno-rooney-hospitalized
    The network said that Rooney, 92, was in stable condition. But at deadline, CBS declined to provide any additional details “at the family’s request.”

It’s been less than a month since Rooney appeared on “60 Minutes” to deliver what he said would be his last regular commentary for the long-running Sunday newsmagazine, ending a gig that started in 1978.

เวลาขณะนี้ Tue May 07, 2024 3:48 am